September 13, 2006

Spring '07! Part Two

Tuesday was big. Lots and lots of menswear! Above: Cloak, Narciso Rodriguez, Heatherette, and Marc by Marc Jacobs.

So Marc by Marc Jacobs is adorable. It's got a sort of English, sort of schoolboy-ish look goin' on. Sort of. None of the models look like they're over 17. I want that sweater on the right.

Now, I wasn't really aware of Narciso Rodriguez until today, but I clicked on the photos from his show and...wow. I really think these are some of my favorites. I love these two jackets, and I love the way they're paired with the shorts. Not that I'd ever be caught dead in shorts that short.


And, of course, the day ended with Heatherette. These boys always put on a show: Amanda Lepore, Paris and Nicky Hilton, every club kid in New York. I'm sort of shocked at how wearable their collection looked. They're known for being really outlandish; playful almost to the point of being retarded. But these clothes are really cute, really Heatherette, and yet they look like they can be worn by people who don't get paid to host a night at Happy Valley.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg so excited to see so much color back on the runway!

watched the heatherette show and thought it was fab.

Anonymous said...

PS! I'm surprised you haven't mentioned the PR designers!

Laura is still my favorite - her stuff reminds me of Ralph Lauren but in a new, sexy kinda way. Slightly monotonous, but still pretty glam.

Uli was a nice surprise, too. i really liked her show and, as usual, she had some pretty nice prints.

Never been a huge fan of Jeffrey and that is still the case.

Was kinda disappointed in Michael...i liked his stuff, but thought a lot of it looked repetitive, and it reminded me of Kimora Lee Simmons, which is never a good thing.