September 16, 2006

Spring '07! Part Three

Ok, let's start with L.A.M.B. This collection seemed a little - how do I put this - bipolar. It's like Gwen's teetering between that whole ghetto-fab thing she was workin' for a minute and a newer, more mature sensibility. These three are my favorite pieces. They're a nice blend of those two images. Fun, but not obnoxious. Stylish, but not boring.

Ah, Diesel. I have a special place in my heart for Diesel, because, well, I can afford Diesel. They are all about the white and gold lamé for spring, which I really like. But these looks were my favorites. Love that red dress with the deep purple print under it. And if I could rock a jumpsuit, this would be the one.

So, sifting through photos from all the shows, I came across a lot of designers I'd never heard of, and a couple of them stole my heart. Like Duckie Brown. I'm love love loveing these super low-cut t-shirts in these deep, moody colors.

Thom Browne is another one I'd never heard of. At first glance I was kind of put off. But the more I look at this stuff, the more I love it. It's so weird, so English - and these are some of the tamer pieces. It's the kind of collection you'd have to dismantle to make it work in real life. Like, I'd totally wear that dotted voile-covered jacket in the first photo with jeans.

It seems like everyone and his brother was doing some sort of dressed up shorts and jacket combo. It's a difficult look for guys to pull off, but I like it. Not for the office (duh!), but for running around the city, sure. You just gotta get the shoes right. Above: Rag and Bone, Thom Browne, John Bartlett.

Next: The Project Runway Shows!

2 comments:

Joe Killian said...

I think you'd have to work at the Village Voice or a sex shop to pull most of this stuff off though, no?

I have a lot of clothes, but I don't have a lot of stuff I couldn't wear to the office. Then again, I'm not really the target demographic here and there are plenty of people in New York (and all over the world) who would spend what I pay in rent for a month for a single article of clothing they couldn't wear except when they're going out.

Anonymous said...

you've never heard of thom browne????