September 12, 2006

Spring '07!

It’s Fashion Week! Ooooh, Fashion Week! My little heart’s all a-flutter. The tents, the shows, the parties! Not that I’m going to any of them. I mean, I could lurk around Bryant Park, celeb-spotting, trying to scam my way into the tents to get my hands on the free booze and some swag. I think the humiliation would be more than I could take. No, I’ll have to be content watching video of the shows on NewYorkMag.com.

So, I wasn’t really all that psyched on any of the shows this weekend, except DKNY. I really liked the blues and plaids in their Fall line and I’m loving all the bright solids against blacks and grays for Spring.

Monday was pretty big: Marc Jacobs and Proenza Schouler. I absolutely adore Proenza. I don't think there was anything not to like about these clothes. That striped skirt? Pure sex. The colors? Love 'em. The designers? Cutest boys on earth. Does anyone know if they're still a couple? And if not, can I have their numbers?


Marc Jacobs, on the other hand, left me a little cold. The clothes were cute. Super cute. Cute to a fault. They seemed a bit clown-ish to me, and shapeless. Apparently, we're trying to make this big, square balloon-dress thing happen this year, but is it really wearable if you're not Sophia Lamar? I like the two looks above, though. And I can't wait to see what's in the Marc by Marc Jacobs show.

Tomorrow: Betsey Johnson, Cloak, Marc by Marc, and Heatherette. Be still my heart!

No comments: