April 24, 2006

The Legend Lives On

My friend Gretchen was having dinner at a restaurant in Greensboro, NC, where I went to college. Her waiter said he recognized her.

“I think we met at a party.”

“Um. I don’t really go to parties.”

“Yeah, it was one of John Russell’s parties.”

“Oooooooh. Oh yeah.”

A week later I found this on her boyfriend’s blog:
Funny story. I had a friend who worked at a local Adam & Eve for about a year before moving to NYC, where he now works in a sex shop and is a sex writer.

He said that whenever married men came into the store alone the conversation went something like this:

"Hey...I need a giant dildo/vibrator."

"Um...okay."

"It's not for me! It's for my wife. She's...well, I think she's frigid."

"Really? Well...um...maybe I could interest you in a book..."

"No, no ...just show me your biggest toy."

At which point my friend's head would nearly explode. As he wrapped up the 14'' sex toy and handed it to the guy with a smile he'd think: "She's not frigid, pal. She just doesn't want to do it with you..."
It's nice to know the legend lives on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's also nice to have the legend mention you in a blog. Baby, you're the greatest.